In July 2007 the Norden Community Trust was set up by a group of local people with
the aim of preserving the former Norden library building for the community. The
aim was not only to preserve the building but to provide a facility which would benefit
the community and also be sustainable for many years.
Norden Community Trust was successful in purchasing a 125 year lease for the building
from Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council on the 3rd April 2009.
Norden Community Trust is registered as a charity and a company limited by guarantee.
It is also referred to as “Norden Old Library”.
We are a NON PROFIT MAKING organisation and rely on donations, grants, rent and
nominal room fees to cover the provision of facilities and building maintenance
• Develop the capacity and skills of the socially disadvantaged community in Norden
• Preserve a landmark building in the village.
• To provide a facility which will benefit the whole community and not just individuals.
• Offer young people an alternative to anti-social behaviour.
• Provide senior members of the community with a meeting place and Internet access.